No items were found.
Advertising Terms and Conditions
Advertisers on www.career.lk identified as "Advertisers" or “Advertiser” or “Employers” or “Employer” agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
1. As a condition of using any services supplied by career.lk, Advertisers must comply with the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Acts and all anti-discrimination and equal opportunity legislation applicable in the State or Territory or Country in which they conduct business. Where an exemption to comply with the legislation has been granted, the exemption number must be included in the advertisement submitted to career.lk.
2. Whilst career.lk does not review every advertisement posted to the Site, career.lk reserves the right to withdraw without notice to the Advertiser (at the option of career.lk) any advertisement that may be in breach of any clause of this agreement or of any law or regulation. career.lk also reserves the right to terminate this agreement if the Advertiser posts any advertisement that may be in breach of any law or regulation. Further, career.lk reserves the right to, in its absolute discretion, reject or remove any advertisement from the Site for any reason, including advertisements that are not for career professionals. No refunds will be given.
3. Advertisers indemnify and will keep indemnified career.lk, its officers, employees and agents against all claims, actions, suits, liabilities, actual or contingent costs, damages and expenses incurred by career.lk in connection with but not limited to:
- any breach of this agreement by the Advertiser;
- any negligent act or omission by the Advertiser;
- the listing or proposed listing of any advertisement by an Advertiser on the Site or any related site;
- an actual or alleged breach by an Advertiser of any law, legislation, regulations, by-laws, ordinances or codes of conduct which occurs a consequence of the Advertiser’s advertisement appearing on the Site;
- errors in advertisements.
4. career.lk cannot and does not guarantee or warrant to the Advertiser that files available for downloading through the Site or delivered via electronic mail through the Site will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. Advertisers are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy their particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the Site for the reconstruction of any lost data.
5. career.lk provides no warranty to Advertisers that services generally available through the Site will be uninterrupted or error free. career.lk agrees to use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that any disruptions to or a denial of access to the Site will be remedied as quickly as possible.
6. career.lk will not be liable for any delay or failure to perform its obligations under this agreement if such a delay or failure is due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
7. All amounts owing to career.lk by Advertisers must be paid via PayPal when posting a job or for corporate accounts within 7 days of the date of invoice or as per agreed terms.
8. career.lk accepts no responsibility or liability for any errors and requires that Advertisers check their advertisements for errors as soon as they are placed on the Site(s). All reasonable efforts will be undertaken by career.lk to edit errors brought to career.lk's attention as soon as reasonably possible.
9. career.lk agrees to use reasonable efforts to publish advertisements in the shortest possible time. career.lk is not liable for any loss or damage incurred by an Advertiser as a result of any failure or delay in listing an advertisement.
10. The Advertiser warrants and undertakes that:
- a. it has the legal capacity and power to enter into this agreement and perform its obligations under it;
- b. advertisements and other works posted on the Site do not breach the intellectual property rights of any third party;
- c. all files delivered to career.lk will be free of infection or viruses; and
- d. it will not use the Site for any illegal purpose.
11. Advertisers agree at all times to deal with any information or products provided by career.lk or accessed from the Site in a manner which abides by all applicable laws of any relevant jurisdiction in any State or Territory or Country in which they conduct business (including, without limitation, privacy and copyright laws).
12. Advertisers agree not to use the Site to post any pyramid scheme on the Site and also agree not to ask or require any candidate to pay a fee, charge, cost or any money whatsoever to apply for any job advertised on the Site whether such fee, charge, cost or money is asked or required of the candidate in the job advertisement itself or in any communication with the candidate that takes place as a result of a job advertisement placed on the Site.
13. Advertisers agree not to use any feature of the Site to send unsolicited commercial email to candidates, whether individually or as a group. Candidate management tools may only be used to communicate with candidates about the specific vacancy to which they have applied. Resume database tools may only be used to communicate with candidates about specific vacancies which match Advertiser preferences.
14. Advertisers must adhere to the principles of truth in advertising. Advertisers placing advertisements for permanent positions should only place job ads for permanent positions for which they have permission to recruit.
15. Advertisers must ensure that all advertisements posted to the Site comply with all applicable legislation, regulations, by-laws, ordinances and codes of conduct, including but not limited to the:
- a. Trade Practices Acts in all applicable States and Territories and Countries, including that Advertisers that are companies not mislead persons seeking employment as to the availability, nature, terms or conditions or, any other matter relating to the employment opportunity being offered;
- b. Fair Trading Acts in all applicable States and Territories and Countries;
- c. Privacy Acts in all applicable States and Territories and Countries
16. Advertisers are not permitted to link from career.lk's job application process to any external websites/externally hosted application forms without career.lk's express written approval. Such approval is subject to strict terms and conditions.
17. Advertisers may not assign or transfer any rights and obligations pursuant to this agreement to any other person or entity without career.lk's prior written approval (which will not be unreasonably withheld). If you are a company, any change in your effective control shall be deemed an assignment for the purpose of this clause.
18. Advertisers agree that career.lk retains all intellectual property rights contained in any of the goods and services provided to you by career.lk.
19. Advertisers acknowledge and agree that career.lk acts as a medium through which individuals seek employment opportunities and that career.lk does not vet nor is it responsible for vetting job candidates or the representations (whether oral or in writing – including those representations appearing in job candidates resumes appearing on career.lk's resume database) made by them. career.lk disclaims all liability for any loss, costs, damages or loss of profits sustained as a consequence of any Advertiser employing or engaging any person sourced through the career.lk Site.
20. Advertisers understand and agree that the following actions constitute a new/additional job advertisement under this agreement: copying a job ad; reposting an archived or deleted job ad; extending a job ad beyond 90 days (known as "renewing" and this can occur on multiple occasions); changing a zone classification and refreshing any job posting; (refreshing is the process of deleting and re-posting the same or substantially similar job advertisement); changing an ad title or location, work type, industry and occupation categories. In addition, Advertisers understand and agree that when they post ads on career.lk via a bulk data import process, changing a job ad reference number also constitutes a new job ad. If an Advertiser is using a bulk data import process, the Advertiser must ensure that they understand the effect bulk data importing may have on renewing (refer to definition above) ads as career.lk will count all new/additional job advertisements against the Advertiser’s account and will invoice the Advertiser accordingly. Changes to job ad body copy do not constitute a new job ad, regardless of the method used to post the ad.
21. Advertisers agree that pursuant to the Privacy Act career.lk may obtain from either a credit reporting agency or other credit providers:
- a. personal credit information about the Advertiser and/or its directors for the purpose of assessing an Advertiser’s commercial credit application; and
- b. a consumer credit report about the Advertiser for the purpose of collecting overdue payments relating to commercial credit owed by the Advertiser.
22. Advertisers must ensure that advertisements posted to the Site are posted to the appropriate category of the Site and the onus is on Advertisers to ensure that they familiarise themselves with the advertising requirements of each available category on the Site to ensure appropriate placement of advertisements.
23. career.lk reserves the right and Advertisers must accept as a condition of advertising on the Site, career.lk's right to re-classify advertisements posted to the Site, entitling career.lk to withdraw advertisements from one category of its Site and to re-publish advertisements in another category on the Site.
24. Advertisers must not release to the public any news release, advertising material, promotional material or any other form of publicity relating to career.lk without career.lk’s prior written approval.
25. If any part of this agreement is held invalid that part shall be severed from this agreement and the remainder of this agreement will continue to be valid and enforceable.
26. Termination of this agreement will not end those provisions that are capable of surviving the ending of this agreement.
27. This agreement is governed by the laws of Sri Lanka . All advertisers irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Sri Lanka and waive any objection to legal action being brought in those Courts on the grounds of venue or inconvenient forum
28. All advertisers are responsible for payment of career in their own country of residency.